The neck region in women and men is an area in which the signs of youth are lost with the aging process, hereditary factors, severity, environmental factors, smoking, stress, etc.
Neck surgery is indicated in patients in whom the aging process is more accelerated in the neck, than in the face, or that a facelift procedure was performed and the neck was not operated, patients with excess skin, excess of fat and patients with bands in the middle part of the neck.
What is the best way?
There are multiple procedures that can be performed on the neck depending on factors such as age, type and quality of skin, neck fat, muscles, etc.
The procedures can be:
- Simple liposuction.
- Liposuction combined with a scar below the chin.
- Full-neck stretch surgery in which a scar is made that begins in the earlobe, is hidden behind the ear and ends hidden in the hair.
After surgery, a band is used on the neck for 5 to 7 days, after which it is removed and the recovery phase continues. Sometimes to improve the results of this surgery, it can be combined with eye surgery, face surgery, nose surgery, chin surgery, etc..
Important Facts about Neck Surgery
- Duración del Procedimiento: 2 – 3 hrs.
- Type of Anesthesia: Local + Sedation
- Procedure: 1 Day of internment
- Recovery Time: 2 to 4 weeks